Running in Action

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Day 156 - Rest

"Electric shocks on aching bones..." - Snow Patrol

Miles Ran: 517.98 Dollars Raised: $3,562.60

Honestly, I have no idea how long I'll continue writing my blog now that the Marathon is over, but I figured this post-marathon week might be some good insight. This blog has given me such a creative outlet that I haven't had in a very long time. It may be a little censored to what's gone on in my non-running-life, but I'm glad that it had a focus, rather than just a rant of a million ideas--OR WORSE--a blog with nothing interesting to talk about.

The amount of messages pouring into my cell phone, email and Facebook, saying how proud people are of me and how inspiring I am is all...well...kind of embarrassing for me. It's hard for me to accept praise sometimes, even though deep down I am extremely happy and proud of what I accomplished. I just didn't expect what I was doing to effect other people.

This morning I woke up around 7:30, called in sick to work, and got on the phone with CitySports to try and track down a champion's marathon jacket--a pure symbol of finishing the Marathon in this city. Of course I didn't want to jinx myself by purchasing one beforehand, and then when I did finish, they were sold out everywhere. I tracked down what I thought was a women's size large down at the CitySports on Comm. Ave., but after veryyyy slowlyyy making my way down there, it turned out they put a MEN'S large aside for me. I was so irritated! Any other day it would have been no problem for me to get there, but on this day, the saleswoman had no sympathy for my aching legs. So one should be arriving at Winsor tomorrow that I ordered online :)

I was happy to get up and move around (I was happy to be able to get out of bed in the first place) and felt like it loosened up my muscles/joints a little bit. My quads are the main problem, and I spent the majority of the day lying in bed rotating ice and a heating pad throughout the lower half of my body. I just took a VERY nice hot bath and massaged my quads, which are now feeling slightly better. I'm just exhausted...time for bed and the real world tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment