Running in Action

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Day 151 - 5.53 miles (47:55)

"Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed." - Jonathan Swift

Miles Ran:
489.78 Dollars Raised: $3,512.60
(THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO ATTENDED TONIGHT'S FUND RAISER AT LIR!!!)

Ahh.. I'm exhausted. What a long day...

I woke up early to get to work early so I could leave work early. I had to get in this last 5 mile run in between work and the Lir event, so I needed all the extra time I could get.

I feel like I've been on a roller coaster all day. I've been so stressed with lots of stuff happening at work, and having a HUGE distraction on my mind, that when people started telling me they wouldn't be able to make it tonight I was getting really bummed out. Then I went for a run in the glorious sunshine and was on a high, and then had a great turnout at Lir and it continued. Now, between being very tired and seeing that not only weather.com but also Channel 7 are NOW predicting light showers on Monday, I'm back in a funk. I've been praying for this day to be perfect for months, and what are the odds that a storm decides to roll in for FOUR DAYS. It really bums me out.

But anyway, the run was good despite starting up that climb of Comm. Ave., and then when I got to the halfway point the wind picked up like crazy and I had to keep holding on to my hat! I was trying to go at a comfortable, rather than particularly fast, pace and not look at my watch too often. But when I did I was surprised to see that I was going at a really great pace.

Lir was awesome--I had a ton of great (and sometimes unexpected!) people show up, the food was good, raffle prizes were a draw, and we each made $200+.

Now I'm going to get to bed so I can wake up and get to work early...again...

No comments:

Post a Comment