Running in Action

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Day 147 - Rest

"If you don't think you were born to run, you're not only denying history. You're denying who you are." - Dr. Bramble, Born to Run

Miles Ran: 477.09
Dollars Raised: $3,295.60 (THANK YOU DOT COREY!!! WE'VE PASSED THE MINIMUM!!!)

My goal for this week is to just be as calm, as not-stressed, as relaxed as possible. I'm trying to conserve any last bit of energy I can possibly muster. Today's rest day was definitely just that. I slept in later than usual, and was just feeling really tired (though productive) throughout the entire day.

I did a few loads of laundry and started putting aside potential things to wear on Marathon Monday. You can't start planning too early right!? I just want to have my most favorite, comfortable pieces of clothing aside so I don't use it in the meantime.

As I was doing laundry I FINALLY finished Born to Run. It's a really interesting book that I'd highly recommend to any runner. You don't realize how much science goes into what comes so naturally to us, and reading about this amazing race that takes place in a remote desert is really inspiring.

I also finally made reservations today for dinner after the Marathon, since it's such a madhouse in the city.

Lastly, weather.com has been messing with my head all day. Yesterday morning when we all checked the 10-day forecast it said it would be high 50's and mostly sunny, then it was at "few showers" all day today, and now again it's back to looking clear and sunny all week! Weather.com you can't do this to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment