Running in Action

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Day 143 - Cross

"I finally realized that being grateful to my body was key to giving more love to myself." - Oprah

Miles Ran: 464.38 Dollars Raised: $3,245.60 (THANK YOU JODY ZIEMBA!!!!!!!)

It feels so long since I've run...almost 48 hours. That's what screws me up sometimes with these morning runs. For instance, I ran for 4 miles at 5 AM on Tuesday morning and will again tomorrow, Thursday morning. What would even be worse is if I was getting my run in tomorrow night!

I don't want to jinx myself, but my foot has been feeling really great lately. For some reason it's actually felt best twice this week when I decided NOT to tape it. I wonder if the tape can have a negative effect after awhile... The back of my heel was definitely getting really sensitive from it and was starting to sting a little.

Today I got out of work an hour early and hustled back to the apartment to beat the post-work rush at the gym. Even though it was SO gorgeous outside (85 degrees?!?) I wanted to stick to my training plan, and didn't want to push it for the sake of a nice day. So I did the Arc Trainer for about 40 minutes, and then went into the little weight area. I did some weighted lunges (which my thighs were NOT happy about) and a bunch of other free weight reps for different parts of my arms. I didn't realize over the course of running that my arms have gotten a little more toned, unintentionally I guess.

At least with all of these busy nights I've been disciplined enough to get to bed at a decent hour...and off I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment