Running in Action

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Day 149 - 3.93 miles (33:21)

"Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon." - Doug Larson

Miles Ran: 484.25 Dollars Raised: $3,295.60

Like my training schedule, it's a lot easier for me to pay attention to my diet when someone gives me a guideline or certain things to focus on. That, in addition to me being very serious about what I put in my body this close to the race, has made me a lot more conscious of the types of foods I'm eating.

Rick had suggested that 3-6 days out from the race we deprive ourselves of carbs and load up on proteins. So my breakfast this morning was three scrambled eggs with cheese--which will also probably be my breakfast tomorrow. I had a cashew bar for a snack, and then for lunch we had lettuce wraps with chicken, noodles, veggies, and I had some bean/balsamic/tomato thing on the side. For dinner I had a turkey sandwich (there's protein in that....right?) and now for dessert I'm having some of my "black and white" trail mix that I got from Target the other day--peanuts, raisins, and both covered in chocolate and yogurt, delish! I don't think I'll have a problem carbo-loading on Friday....

My run tonight was ok...even though I did do it in a decent time. When I got home from work I ended up crashing on my bed for about an hour and waking up all discombobulated thinking it was 6:20 AM instead of PM! I've run after taking naps before, but I always feel in a little bit of a funk when I start out, and of course have a lot more energy after I finish it. I started off at a pretty fast pace, felt like I slowed down in the middle, and then picked it up again at the end. My stomach was feeling kind of weird, so I just let myself go at whatever pace felt good.

I think I should start keeping a tally of how many people ask me "are you ready?"... I've gotta be up to at least 10 by now.

1 comment:

  1. Sammy, your excitement is contagious -- and HOW!!!! And running with you each day via your blog is exhausting! Am I allowed to load up on a few carbs, please? Just so you know on Monday I'm wearing my trusty old SAS sneakers with the crumbling orthopedic insoles in case you need back-up running shoes!!!!!! And don't look for yours truly in the crowd because I'm still shrinking -- PopPop loses me frequently.
    Granny

    ReplyDelete