Running in Action

Friday, April 9, 2010

Day 144 - 3.23 miles (27:00)

"Our limitations and success will be based, most often, on your own expectations for ourselves. What the mind dwells upon, the body acts upon." - Denis Waitley

Miles Ran: 467.61 Dollars Raised: $3,245.60

Today was another early morning, but luckily I was only supposed to do 3 miles so that doesn't take up too much time. I definitely like it better when I walk out the door and the sun has already started to climb. I felt really focused today. In a happy, fast, mood. It was a little breezy outside, but in the 50's...which I'm hoping for on Marathon Monday. I could feel myself going really quickly and had to check myself back into my "short strides" mantra. It's funny how much of a difference it makes to not be exerting all of your energy in trying to take longer steps.

After my work event tonight (which went great!) I headed over to Lir to meet up with the two teammates of mine who are co-hosting my event with me next Thursday. When I arrived, another company was holding their own event in the ENTIRE bar, so we walked next door to discuss logistics and talk about marathon stuff.

It's so comforting when you talk to other runners who are going through the EXACT same feelings that you are. We're all completely distracted and thinking about the Marathon all day long, all extremely excited, stressed about what magical concoction to eat, happy to have most of our fund raising finished, trying to figure out what to wear (hat? or not hat? such a debate!), dealing with the mental game of tapering... the list goes on.

I'm really excited about next week's event though--and I think with this collaboration we'll be able to fill the upstairs. Our shot glasses came in (that look amazing!), we're doing a raffle, and we're going to go ahead and order appetizers for 40 people...even though we're hoping to get 60+. It'll be great having the three of us there so we can do shifts at the door and with the raffle.

Today I also noticed I was getting a weird pain in my elbow (along with the soreness in my thighs at butt!)... maybe from typing? Hopefully nothing too serious. I'll bring it up at acupuncture tomorrow, and I'm excited to take a half day after all of these late work nights!

No comments:

Post a Comment