Running in Action

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Day 150 - Cross

"If you ain't the lead dog, the scenery never changes." - Lewis Grizzard

Miles Ran: 484.25 Dollars Raised: $3,295.60

By the time I got home last night I just wanted to crawl into bed and sleep, thus, here I am writing my entry a few hours late.

There was no way that I could go sweat in a gym yesterday when it was SO gorgeous outside--especially with the forecast predicting a wet weekend ahead. I emailed my friend Amy, who was easily convinced to go walk around the Charles with me. It was absolutely perfect outside, a great combination of sun's warmth and cool breeze by the water. There were TONS of runners out getting one of their last training runs in, though I was disappointed to have not seen any Kenyans that Katharine had spotted earlier in the morning.

We did a decent loop from the Hatch Shell up to the Mass. Ave. bridge, down to the Science Museum and back. Then I walked from there up Beacon Street, with all of the aromatic blossoms in bloom, and met up with Clark, where he so generously dispensed a guest meal on me at the BU Dining Hall. I need to do some major, healthy grocery shopping for this weekend. I've kind of used up ohhh...almost everything in my fridge. And heating up frozen things, whether they be frozen dinners or frozen pieces of meat or veggies, can get old after awhile. Then I walked home from there! A total of about 8.5 miles!

I'm getting really excited as I find out more and more people who are going to be along the course. Even though I know I can't get dead set on expecting to see someone at a certain mile, the more familiar faces, the better. Maybe I'll write everyone and their mile markers on my hand in permanent marker haha

I've also decided that after the Marathon, and now that the weather is amazing, I'm going to try and branch my running routes out more. During these past cold months it's been so easy to just do routes around my apartment, but now that it's so nice out I want to get down to the Charles, to the Seaport, to Charlestown, to Castle Island, etc more often. Maybe it's a matter of just hopping on the T, but it really gives you more visually stimulating things to look at, than knowing exactly what building or sign is coming up ahead.

Tonight is the Lir fund raiser! I'm hoping to get at least 20 of my own people there, and really add a few extra hundred dollars to my count. It should be fun! Before that, I have to figure out a 5 mile route...

No comments:

Post a Comment