Running in Action

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Day 137 - 4.26 miles (37:40)

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Miles Ran: 446.16 Dollars Raised: $2,878.20 (Thank you Jennie and Mike Patnaude, and Uncle Bill!!!!!!)

I have a new song obsession, and if it had words I would use it as my quote today: Clint Mansell's "Requiem for a Dream". I had talked earlier about wanting to add it to my playlist, and this morning was the first time I did. If you ever want to feel inspiration at the end of a run--listen to that song. It came on, with about .75 miles left to go in my 5:45 AM run this morning, and all of a sudden I turned into an absolute machine.

Not that a 9:15 pace is slacking, but I had slowed down a little from my 8:30 pace earlier in the run as I climbed up the last part of Beacon Street to Harvard Ave. When the violins started playing all of a sudden I straightened up, had a focal point, went into complete perfect form, was completely in the zone, and was SPRINTINGGGG... like 6-6:30 pace!

The run overall was ok... the temperature was nice, but it was pretty windy. I love having no one on the sidewalks and no cars on the road, but that running in the dark morning thing still weirds me out. I also had this really weird taste in my mouth (maybe the Corn Pops?) so I had to keep spitting every time I stopped.

I'm getting acupuncture tonight so I'm hoping that might help out with my foot issues. I'm not feeling any sharp pain, but it's just been really sore. The area that's sore kind of changes from day to day, but I'm trying to make a conscious effort of mimicking the way I plant my left foot as I do normally with my right.

No comments:

Post a Comment