Running in Action

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Day 141 and 142 - 2 miles (20:00) and 4.22 miles (36:52)

"There are days when it's tough and it's not fun, but I just try to remember why I'm running and what I want from running." - Kara Goucher

Miles Ran: 464.38 Dollars Raised: $3,219.40
(THANK YOU CYNTHIA DIONNE, THE GLOOR FAMILY, AND MEGHAN BERG!!!!!!!!)

As the sunrise is getting a little earlier, is brighter, and warmer, my morning runs haven't become such a chore. This week is just crazy busy with work and other events that my nights are booked, and I have to wake up at 5 to get my training in.

Yesterday I went for a short run through the Braintree Pond Park, which was really nice (and hilly...) It's always so nice to have some different scenery for a run--although that also means you don't know what to expect. Running through trees, along water, in the sunset is always very soothing to me.

This morning I woke up, at sunrise, to find it was a little chilly to begin with, but I was rolling up my sleeves after Mile 1. Running has always been a time for me to think. Sometimes it's hard to push your personal life out of your runs, because before you know it you get consumed with thoughts and are not focusing on the task at hand anymore. Thank goodness for music to pull me back in. When I find I'm getting distracted I can always just start focusing on my music and the lyrics to get me back on track.

My friend Anna-Ruth passed along this site to me today, which actually made me really emotional reading everyone's stories, and inspired me to write one of my own about "Why I Run":


I was also talking to another friend of mine, Meg, who is such an inspiration for me. She is always pushing herself and her body to the limits and trying out different races/challenges. I love chatting with her about running and the challenges and joys of it. Hearing encouragement and advice from past marathoners these days brings such a smile to my face, and makes me even more excitedddddddd!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Read your post on b.globe.com - I'd agree you've grown through this process, but you've always been a great person. Maybe the experience has helped you believe it...
    Love,
    Ma

    ReplyDelete