Running in Action

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Day 140 - Rest

"LET'S GO RED SOX!!!!" - Red Sox Nation

Miles Ran
: 458.16 Dollars Raised: $3,093.20
(THANK YOU GRANDMA, GRANNY AND POP POP!!!!! WE PASSED $3000!)

Yayyyy!!! Fundraising is coming along so great! Thank you so much to everyone who is helping with this last huge push, it means so much to me.

I'm sitting here watching the Red Sox hopefully clinch this win over the Yankees (talk about having a [Red Sox] nation believing in you.)

Today has been a total relaxing, rest day...beginning with sleeping in until 10 AM, eating a huge brunch at home with my family, and then heading down to Lansdowne Street to take in Opening Day.

I forgot to mention a few things about my run yesterday.. The first is that I had a funny moment on Heartbreak Hill when I saw someone running in the opposite direction with a 2010 Disney Princess Half Marathon shirt on! I was pointing at her and she stopped, and I was like, "OH MY GOSH! I did that!! Did you love it?!" and she said, "YESSS! It was awesome! I was wondering why you were pointing at me!!" haha

Secondly, on a not-so-funny note, I found out yesterday my coach, Rick, has pulled his calf muscle and won't be running this year :( All of us that heard that for the first time were completely shocked and disappointed. I think you just put yourself in those shoes and can imagine what it would be like to not run the Marathon after all we've been through--especially since I had a glimpse of that earlier this spring. Of course he has a great, positive attitude about it and just looks at it as another challenge to face, but it still is really sad. I told him I'll definitely be dedicating my run to him.

Off to bed after this LATEEE game. Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment